Letter To Parents/Carers – 26th March 2021
We have reached the end of another term and I would like to thank you all for the way you have supported the school and worked with us to get through another challenging period of national lockdown. I congratulate you all in the many ways you have embraced online learning with your child and joined in and contributed to the many sessions and activities that have taken place over the term.
As we go into the 2 week Easter break we can remain positive that on 6th April the First Minister will confirm that a full return to school will be possible from 12th April as long as the virus levels stay low.
I have a couple of links that I would like to share with you which I hope you will find helpful.
Firstly, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that as unpaid carers you are eligible to sign up for a covid-19 vaccine. Please use the link below to register:
Hopefully many will apply and uptake on this option – the more of us that are vaccinated the more protection we have for our whole school community.
I received information from the Child and Family Mental Health (CAMHS) Early Intervention Team this week with a link to a series of webinars they have available to support parents and carers.
The webinar topics include:
- Episode1: Welcome and meet the team
- Episode2: Body toolsfor anxiety
- Episode3: Thinking toolsfor anxiety
- Episode4: Managing anxious behaviours
- Episode5: Talking to your child about anxiety
- Episode6: Understanding the adolescent brain and impact on teen mental health during the Covid-19 lockdown
- Episode7: Looking after your mental health and wellbeing
- Episode8: Resources you may find helpful
- Episode9: Supporting your child on the return to school following lockdown
Please don’t forget you all very welcome to join in with our Virtual Kiltwalk activities on 23rd April. The day will be full of activities from walking to dancing and we would love it if you could join us in any way you can. A wee hint of tartan will be the dress code of the day.
If you wish to raise funds for Friends of Orchard Brae you can register for free by emailing Lisa Simons at firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you all have a good Easter break.
Take and stay safe and well