School uniform can be ordered directly from MY CLOTHING or locally sourced from Aberdeen Embroidery Company (AbStitch) on Ann Street.
Our ‘official’ uniform is Red sweatshirts for Primary pupils and Navy sweatshirts for Secondary pupils. However, we fully appreciate that our pupils are all unique and may have specific requirements so there is no obligation to follow uniform rules.
We do encourage ‘recycling’ of uniform and have a Clothing Exchange in school so feel free to pass on any old uniform that your child has outgrown, or seek out items that have been passed on from others. Due to current restrictions we cannot have visitors in the building but we’ll happily let you know what’s available if you contact us.
School Clothing Grant
In some circumstances the Council can provide a grant towards the costs of school clothing and footwear if you receive certain benefits.
The current grant is £100 for both primary school and secondary school pupils. For pupils of statutory school age the grant is paid to parents; for pupils over statutory school age the grant is paid to the student.
You can apply for a school clothing grant if you or your family receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your annual income is less than £16,105
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your annual income is under £7,330
- Universal Credit, and your monthly earned income is not more than £610
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction
You can only apply for children attending school or about to enter Primary 1. If you are an eligible student who receives an Education Maintenance Allowance you can apply for a school clothing grant for yourself. Applications for session 2020/2021 can be made from 1 April 2020.
You can apply for a school clothing grant online and further information can be found at: