Room 18: Tasks for Home
At school we have been working on developing skills for life. It would be fantastic if you could find time in your day to keep these skills going:
- Spreading butter onto bread/toast
- Making cups of tea under close supervision
- Making light lunches
- Doing the dishes (and drying and putting away)
- Dressing themselves
- Tying shoe laces
- Putting socks on
- Cleaning kitchen surfaces
- Cleaning other household surfaces (shower, windows, doors)
- Loading the washing machine
- Hanging out laundry
- Keep using your child’s communication aids (we have been working on choices and feelings with this over this year)
- Communicating with other people (having a conversation about Newsround- https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround or Blue Peter https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/shows/blue-peter
- Learn some new Makaton signs and practice your existing ones with Singing Hands UK (https://www.youtube.com/user/SingingHandsUK)
- Jigsaws, Uno, Snap.
Maths and Literacy.
- Your child has access to educationcity.com on this site you will find a range of maths and literacy activities which your child can engage in. Logins will be provided.
https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html Exciting Learning Opportunities (Early Years)
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/early-level-home-learning-resource-pack-cfe-pa-2548601 Home learning pack for learners working at Early Levels
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/eyfs-nursery-school-closure-home-learning-resource-pack-t-tp-2549365 Home learning pack for learners working at Early Levels
Room 18 suggested Daily Routine:
If you would like to follow our school day, this is a suggested timetable which mirrors our class routine.
|0915||Settle into your day||Wash hands|
|0930||Circle time||Sing and Sign hello
What day is it?
What month is it?
What is the plan for the day?
|1000||Work- maths or language||See task list above|
|1030||Snack and Break||Healthy Snack
Outside free play
|1100||Life-skills work||See task list above|
|1130||Walk||Enjoy the outdoors- there are some activity ideas in the packs|
|1230||Lunch and Break||Pupils tidy up after themselves once they have finished their lunch|
|1330||Tasks such as cooking, art, music or outdoor learning||There are resources for this in the packs|
|1430||Choosing Time||Outside, Laptop, listening to music, Play a game etc|
|1500||Finish structured day|