At school we have been working on developing skills for life. It would be fantastic if you could find time in your day to keep these skills going:
- Spreading butter onto bread/toast
- Making cups of tea under close supervision
- Making light lunches
- Doing the dishes (and drying and putting away)
- Dressing themselves
- Tying shoe laces
- Putting socks on
- Cleaning kitchen surfaces
- Cleaning other household surfaces (shower, windows, doors)
- Loading the washing machine
- Hanging out laundry
- Keep using your child’s communication aids (we have been working on choices and feelings with this over this year)
- Communicating with other people (having a conversation about Newsround- https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround or Blue Peter https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/shows/blue-peter
- Learn some new Makaton signs and practice your existing ones with Singing Hands UK (https://www.youtube.com/user/SingingHandsUK)
- Jigsaws, Uno, Snap.
Maths and Literacy.
- Your child has access to educationcity.com on this site you will find a range of maths and literacy activities which your child can engage in. Logins will be provided.
https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html Exciting Learning Opportunities (Early Years)
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/early-level-home-learning-resource-pack-cfe-pa-2548601 Home learning pack for learners working at Early Levels
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/eyfs-nursery-school-closure-home-learning-resource-pack-t-tp-2549365 Home learning pack for learners working at Early Levels
Room 18 suggested Daily Routine:
If you would like to follow our school day, this is a suggested timetable which mirrors our class routine.
|0915||Settle into your day||Wash hands|
|0930||Circle time||Sing and Sign hello
What day is it?
What month is it?
What is the plan for the day?
|1000||Work- maths or language||See task list above|
|1030||Snack and Break||Healthy Snack
Outside free play
|1100||Life-skills work||See task list above|
|1130||Walk||Enjoy the outdoors- there are some activity ideas in the packs|
|1230||Lunch and Break||Pupils tidy up after themselves once they have finished their lunch|
|1330||Tasks such as cooking, art, music or outdoor learning||There are resources for this in the packs|
|1430||Choosing Time||Outside, Laptop, listening to music, Play a game etc|
|1500||Finish structured day|