This introduction to autism presentation is one that has been delivered to education staff in the past as a twilight workshop, presented by Hayley McFarlane, a member of the Autism Outreach Team. Under the current circumstances, our team thought it would be useful for staff to have access to it online, to help contribute towards CPD.
The presentation will guide you in…
- understanding why autism is described as a spectrum condition
- understanding what is meant by a comorbid condition
- understanding potential supports that you can put in place to minimise any difficulties that may occur
- understanding the range and impact of sensory sensitivities, outlining potential supports that you can put in place to minimise their negative impact
- understanding the importance of having an individual profile to achieve positive outcomes.
We hope you enjoy!